Dear Frisco Parents & Students,
The launch of our Frisco Campus is right around the corner and I write you with great excitement about student ministries in Frisco! I know you have tons of unanswered questions about how this impacts your family. We have been working diligently and ironing out details and I can now answer some of your questions. Please know I’m happy to answer your questions in person too. On Sunday morning September 8th, I’ll be in the Frisco Square part of our lobby after each service. I’d love to meet you and am happy to answer any questions you may still have. In the mean time, please checkout the info below.
What is the format?
Middle School & High School services will be meeting weekly starting September 29th at 5:00. They will be similar to the format your student is familiar with – worship, teaching, and small groups. We will end at 6:15 in conjunction with the main Worship Service.
Will Middle School & High School students be in the same groups?
Small groups will begin about one month after we launch, because we’d like to build community within the large group first. Once we launch small groups, this is what they will look like:
- Middle School students will participate in gender and grade specific small groups on Sunday nights as part of our programming.
- During this time, the High School students will be in a part of programming called Going Deeper. The format will vary but will include extended worship, large group teaching, and social time. Most importantly, our High School students who lead Middle School small groups will be taking our Middle School students deeper, as they discuss what they learned during large group.
- Our High School students will be participating in co-gender Home Groups that will meet in homes throughout Frisco on a weekday evening. We are still ironing out the details on locations and nights of the week, but you’ll be the first to know when it is official.
I’m not sure which campus my student should attend, what do you suggest?
We truly want what is best for your family. If your student is deeply connected with ministry at the Carrollton campus we encourage you to keep them plugged in there. However, we recognize there are various reasons your student may want to transition to ministry at the Frisco Campus so we will be prepared to help make that transition as smooth as possible.
What should we do between now and the launch of the Frisco Campus?
We encourage you to keep them connected in Student Ministry until we launch. In preparation for this, Wildlife will have Frisco specific small groups in an effort to make the transition in October smoother.
What if my family would like to participate in student ministry at both campuses?
Again, we truly want what’s best for your family. We only ask that you let us know, so we can properly plan and assign your student in appropriate small groups.
Will the Frisco and Carrollton Campus ever do ministry together?
We will be combining our efforts on major retreats throughout the year. (Pine Cove, United Weekend, Beach Camp, etc) However, we will also have campus specific social gatherings throughout the year.
Is there anything I can do to Help?
We currently have two big needs:
- We still need Middle School Small Group Leaders. This sounds like an overwhelming commitment but it’s really quite simple. You would facilitate conversation based on the sermon and “be there” for your students.
- We also need homes to host our High School “Home Groups”. There is no need to lead a small group or even be present during the meeting, simply the hospitality of opening your home to a group of students and leaders.
Please e-mail me or visit me at Frisco Square and let me know if you are interested in serving in in either of these areas.
Frisco Student Ministry